- Intel Recommends Stockholders Reject TRC Capital's "Mini-Tender" Offer
- Infonetics: Operators Investing in Convergent Charging to Bypass the Billing Bottleneck
- AFCEA DC Announces The 3rd Annual Emerging Technologies Symposium Selected Emerging Technology Presenters
- Stuntwoman sues News Corp. over alleged phone hack
- Adobe DPS Drives 100 Million Digital Publication Downloads
- Study shows online courses don't help with students' success rate
- Amazon ending affiliate relationships to avoid Minnesota's online sale tax
- ReachLocal Announces Dedicated Marketing Practice for Healthcare and Wellness Providers
- DreamWorks says TV revenue to hit $200M by 2015
- A year on, Assange stays put in Ecuadorean Embassy
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Jun 18, 05:18 PM
WASHINGTON - The U.S. foiled a plot to bomb the New York Stock Exchange because of the sweeping surveillance programs at the heart of a debate over national security and personal privacy, officials said Tuesday at a rare open hearing on intelligence led by lawmakers sympathetic to the spying.
The House Intelligence Committee hearing provided a venue for officials to defend the once-secret programs and did little probing of claims that the collection of people's phone records and Internet usage has disrupted dozens of terrorist plots.
Few details were volunteered.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Jun 18, 01:49 PM
MIAMI - During his team's Game 3 rout of the Heat, Gregg Popovich was shown on TV talking to his players while they were in the process of burying Miami with a stirring offensive display.
In his 17th season coaching the Spurs and his fifth NBA Finals, Popovich is having one breakout series, with this team one win from another title entering Game 6 on Tuesday night.
THE CONFOUNDED POP: After Parker was injured in Game 3, one reporter wondered if Popovich would "mail in" Game 4 by resting Parker in hopes of having him at full strength for Games 5, 6 and 7.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 0 MPH CLM
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|