- Two for the record books ; Hurricane claims first state title; Buffalo wins third straight crown; Redskins shortstop Sargent emerges in 5-0 win over... [Charleston Daily Mail (WV)]
- Strauss: Watson still offers major presence at 63
- Toutle Lake looks like 2B favorite
- Selah, Ellensburg look to start quickly in tournament play
- Big Ten baseball: Gophers 3, Illinois 1
- Revolution, TFC clash at Gillette
- Union face difficult test against Impact
- Colonial live: Tournament play restarts
- USC men's golf team aims for national title in Atlanta
- Lady Cougars Rally Past 'Paupack In Subregional Semis [Standard - Speaker (PA)]
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 24, 04:23 PM
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - Federal officials were searching the country for a possible temporary replacement for a bridge that collapsed along the crucial Interstate 5 corridor, but Washington Gov. Jay Inslee cautioned Friday that major disruptions will last for weeks, if not months.
The truck driver watched helplessly as the structure collapsed in his rearview mirror.
"You cannot overstate the importance of this corridor to Washington state," Inslee said.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 24, 01:05 PM
PARIS - Perhaps not surprisingly, the first three questions posed to Roger Federer at his pre-French Open news conference Friday concerned rival and nemesis Rafael Nadal.
The third was about the difficulties of making a successful return from injury, the way Nadal has, reaching the final at all eight tournaments he's played in 2013 after going more than half a year between matches.
Nadal, who's dealt with recurring knee problems, will be back in Grand Slam action after nearly a year's absence from the four most important tournaments in tennis.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 9 MPH SW
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|