- Cannes helps actors Bejo and Rahim cross borders
- Cheyenne Chamber singers will offer old - and brand new
- Indie films invade the Cheyenne International Film Festival.
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Hot off the press: Seen and heard in Cannes
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Sue McLean, preeminent Twin Cities concert promoter, dies at 63
- Top comic writers share tips ; FUNNY BUSINESS: STUDENTS MEET AND QUIZ THEIR SITCOM HEROES
- Movie marathon next on Helen's bucket list of charity challenges
- The FINAL SAY-SO ; Billy Ivory back filming in cityNotts screenwriter Billy Ivory, 49, who grew up in Southwell, discusses his new BBC drama Truckers...
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 18, 05:34 PM
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. - A pair of persistent wildfires continued to burn in the hills and mountains around Interstate 5 north of Los Angeles on Saturday, although authorities were slowly getting the upper hand.
A new fire that broke out Friday, the third major blaze in the area in a week, quickly surged to 712 acres Friday and briefly threatened an elementary school and about 20 homes.
Some 350 firefighters, who battled both flames and unpredictable winds, were able to hold the line against it Saturday morning, however.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 18, 05:16 PM
CHICAGO - In case they weren't aware already, the Chicago Blackhawks now know they're going to have to earn it if they want to get past Detroit.
Damien Brunner and Brendan Smith scored in the second period and Detroit beat the Blackhawks 4-1 in Game 2 to even their Western Conference semifinal series.
It was a strong response by the Red Wings after Chicago handled them easily in the series opener, 4-1.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 15 MPH SSE
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|