- Guess?, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Results
- Flow International Announces Fiscal 2014 Second Quarter Results
- Verint Announces Third Quarter Results
- The Wet Seal, Inc. Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
- Synopsys Posts Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013
- Vicon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
- Mavenir Systems Reports Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Kazakhstan, Germany discuss cooperation in innovative technology
- ProAssurance Increases Regular Dividend and Adds to Share Repurchase Authorization
- Access National Declares Special Dividend, Updates Capital Management Outlook
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 04, 04:59 PM
HARTFORD, Conn. - As gunfire boomed over and over in the background, a janitor begged a 911 dispatcher to send help, saying, "There's still shooting going on!
Recordings of 911 calls from last year's Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting were released Wednesday, and they not only paint a picture of anguish and tension inside the building, they also show Newtown dispatchers mobilizing help, reassuring callers and urging them to take cover.
The gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, shot his way through a plate-glass window at the front of the school on Dec. 14.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 04, 02:35 PM
RIO DE JANEIRO - The crane operator involved in last week's deadly accident at the Sao Paulo stadium that's hosting the opening match of the World Cup told police Wednesday that he'd noticed nothing out of the ordinary ahead of the incident, his attorney said.
Lawyer Carlos Kauffmann said Jose Walter Joaquim's 1 1/2 hour-long statement to police Wednesday was the crane operator's first since the Nov. 27 accident that killed two construction workers when the crane collapsed as it was hoisting a 500-ton piece of roofing.
Kauffmann said Joaquim told police that before the accident, "he didn't notice any problem.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 9 MPH S
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|